We convened virtually for our Community Conversation on Wednesday, February 14th from 1 – 2 p.m. ET to discuss the world of online dating, exploring themes of healthy relationships, male vulnerability, and navigating rejection in today’s digital age. Speakers will offer valuable perspectives on promoting respect and equity in online dating platforms, exploring traditional masculinity, and fostering meaningful connections.
- De-Andrea Blaylock-Solar, BSW/MSW/LCSW/CST
- De-Andrea Blaylock-Solar (she/her) is Missouri’s first Black AASECT-Certified Sex Therapist and a supervisor for social workers seeking clinical licensure in the State of Missouri. As the owner of Sankofa Sex Therapy, LLC, she works with individuals and those in all types of relationships and provides therapy from a Christian perspective when requested.
- RahK Lash, Director of Programs
RaKim “RahK” Lash is the Director of Programs for A Call to Men. RahK believes every human is capable of good and can use their platform to influence social change. He is committed to trying, failing, and learning to reimagine success while inviting others to do the same.
- Ted Bunch, Chief Development Officer
- Ted Bunch is an author, educator, activist, and lecturer working to advance gender and racial justice and create a more equitable society. Bunch is Chief Development Officer of A Call to Men and is internationally recognized for his efforts to prevent violence against women while promoting a healthy, respectful manhood.
- Bryan Stromer, MBA Student at Harvard Business School
- Bryan Stromer is pursuing his MBA at Harvard Business School in Boston, MA. Previously, he was a Senior Product Manager at Amazon, focused on innovating for customers and employees with disabilities. The Washington Post, NY Times, NPR, Adweek, and PR Week have published Bryan’s disability advocacy work. He has been recognized as the Disability:IN 2019 NextGen of the Year, the 2020 Mr. ADCOLOR, and a Forbes 30 Under 30.
- Brian O’Dowd, Associate Product Manager
- Brian O’Dowd is an Associate Product Manager at Match Group who currently focuses his efforts on the needs of the Member Services department for the Evergreen & Emerging brands, including Match, BLK, Chispa, Upward, Yuzu, Plenty of Fish, OkCupid, and more. He works directly with each of the respective Product teams to ensure that the proper tools are in place to support the needs of their members. He is also a leader for the “Pride Network @ Match Group” ERG. In addition to his professional role, Brian is a single, gay man and an active member of many dating apps, both within and outside of the Match Group portfolio.
Watch a recap of the event below: