Registration for this event is now closed.
Join the A Call to Men leadership team, April 14 – April 17, 2024 for our FREE A Call to Men Leadership Academy—an in-person, game-changing convening informed by the foundational principles of A Call to Men. This gathering is for current leaders (C-Suite executives, founders of organizations, executive directors, directors, managers, and communications executives) interested in deepening their knowledge and ability to engage men and boys in promoting healthy manhood and preventing violence against all women and girls. This unique and engaging workshop will provide the skills, tools, and resources needed to succeed in gender justice, racial justice, social advocacy, and violence prevention work. Our experienced staff will provide a behind-the-scenes look at the “A Call to Men way” of leadership.
We are excited to offer this training to all participants free of charge (including registration, travel and hotel accommodations) thanks to the generous support of the Allstate Foundation.
Over the course of four days in Charlotte, NC, a limited group of 25 participants will:
- Garner tools for success in the field of prevention, social advocacy, and racism & ageism work from A Call to Men CEO Tony Porter.
- Receive personalized guidance and empowerment throughout the Academy from experienced staff members in every department.
- Learn strategies and skills to deepen your compassion, knowledge, and effectiveness as a leader.
When completing the application, please be sure to answer all required questions. Note: a submitted application does not guarantee attendance at the A Call to Men Leadership Academy. All applications are subject to approval.
For additional questions, please reach out to Heather Brame — firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-584-5466.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is A Call to Men Leadership Academy?
- A Call to Men Leadership Academy is a training for current (AND aspiring!) leaders interested in insight information around engaging men and boys to prevent violence against women and girls through the promotion of healthy manhood. Our leadership Academy is a unique and engaging experience that provides the skills, tools, and resources needed for success in this field. The academy is a leadership program organized to help organizations prevent gender-based violence through raising men and boys’ consciousness about their collective socialization. Our experienced staff will provide personalized guidance throughout the Academy and empower participants to become effective leaders.
- Objectives for Leadership Academy
- Participants will receive tools for engaging men and boys in meaningful conversations about gender equality endeavors.
- Participants will receive resources to help them create a safe space for men and boys to discuss their experiences. By providing these tools, participants can create an environment to promote healthy manhood.
- Receive tools that can aid in the promotion a healthy manhood, cultivate healthy relationships, and prevent all forms of gender-based violence and discrimination.
- Participants will be provided with in-depth training on using their Influence and platform to elevate healthy manhood in their community to prevent gender based violence.
- Participants will learn practical application of healthy manhood concepts and within their community.
- Participants will be equipped with tools to become positive role models by developing skills that promote healthy relationships with themselves and others
- What will I receive during the Leadership Academy?
- Small group conversations
- 1:1 time with Tony Porter
- Networking Opportunities
- Time with additional A Call to Men Staff
- Session on social media content in this field
- Session on community engagement around
- Session on engaging men in our work
- Meals included
- Who should apply?
- Those interested in learning the A Call to Men way, looking for insight information in engaging men to prevent violence against all women and girls through the promotion of healthy manhood.
- If you are a leader or aspiring leader in this field, we strongly encourage you to apply.