It has been 15 months since those of us in the United States began to shut down in-person activities as we recognized the danger of the coronavirus pandemic. During that time, we have experienced ongoing racial unrest and trauma. It’s an understatement to say this time has been difficult. For many, many of us, it has been devastating. We have been talking about the impact on our communities, how all of these crises intersect, and why those at the margins of the margins are hurt the most.
The inequities that have been at the center of the national conversation have further validated the urgent and sustained need for A Call to Men’s unique approach to gender and racial equity work.
We have a big opportunity for action right now. Millions of individuals have committed to being practicing aspiring allies. Thousands of organizations have committed to becoming anti-sexist and anti-racist. Men in positions of privilege and power have said, I will use my influence and platform to create positive social change. And A Call to Men is working alongside all of them to help shape the next generation of manhood and create a more equitable and just society.
While this has been an unprecedented time, A Call to Men has responded in unprecedented ways. In the first half of this year, we have:
- Trained more than 7,500 people
- Held 9 signature Training Institutes for Gender & Racial Justice reaching 326 people from 29 states and countries
- Launched new programming for boy moms committed to raising male-identified children to value healthy masculinity and authenticity
- Continued our Circles of Influence groups to support men who are working to promote healthy manhood in their lives, families, and communities
- Expanded training opportunities for organizations to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Grown our national youth-led advocacy and training outreach
I hope you will check out our 2021 Mid-Year Report. As you are reading through, if you think of ways we should be working together, please reach out to me.
A Call to Men is here to meet this moment with resolve and an unapologetic commitment that collective liberation will be the focus of the post-Covid world. With your support, we can do it.
CEO, A Call to Men