Training Institute for Gender & Racial Justice: May 13-14 (SOLD OUT)
Join us for our signature Training Institute online on May 13-14 from Noon – 4 p.m. EST each day.
The two-session Training Institute will activate a grassroots movement promoting healthy manhood and addressing male domination, white supremacy, and the intersections of oppression that contribute to gender-based violence, assist participants in laying the groundwork for the social change in their communities and culture, and provide participants with hands-on training on how to effectively engage in local community organizing efforts.
The Training Institute will be facilitated by:
Tony Porter, Chief Executive Officer
Lina Juarbe Botella, Director of Community Engagement
Josue Arguelles, Trainer and Director of Youth Initiatives
Please note that the Training Institute will take place on May 13 and May 14 from Noon-4:00 p.m. EST each day (two sessions over the two days). So that you have the most impactful experience possible, we ask that you attend the entire event. The Training Institute will cover the following areas via lecture, storytelling, and large and small group discussion.
- Agreements and Guiding Principles of A Call to Men
- The Man Box: Collective Socialization of Manhood
- Understanding the Experiences of Marginalized Communities
- Power Analysis of the United States
- Exploring the Institutional Human Service Arrangement
- Race and Sex Construct
- Politics of Accountability
- Moving Beyond the Binary
- Dismantling Anti-Blackness
- White Supremacy Culture
- Indigenous Peoples’ Affirmation
- Trauma and Male Socialization
- Using Your Influence and Commitment for Action